Swann Memorial Fountain

Dr. Wilson Cary Swann created the Philadelphia Fountain Society for horses, who in the hot Philadelphia summer of 1869, needed water throughout the city. Swann Memorial Fountain ( named after Dr. Wilson Cary Swann) opened in 1924 with sculptures by Alexander Stirling Calder and design by Wilson Eyre, Jr. 

Merchant’s Exchange Building

Designed by William Strickland in the Greek Revival style, “The Merchant’s Exchange Building” was completed in 1934. The building was established by a group of Philadelphians (including Stephen Girard) to serve as a single hub for business and financial matters of the city.